Wednesday, August 20, 2008

World's largest vinyl record collection on sale for 3 million USD!!!!

Music was my first love,
And it will be my last,
Music of the future,
Music of the past.

HOLY FUCK! This video is amazing; I'm just speechless right now.

When I was a teen, I used to spin records to relieve stress (when Serato was not yet created). I used to travel downtown and dig for records in small random record stores, either on my own or with my boy, TEK. Anyways, this man’s story just breaks my heart……

Paul Mawhinney owns the world’s largest record collection. He owns over 2.5 million records, 83% of his collection cannot be bought or downloaded anywhere else in the world! His collection has been appraised at $50 million dollars, but now Paul is 68 years old, blind and he needs to find another home for his collection. Paul is releasing his collection at a loss for 3 million, but no one cares, the world is dead……

Music does sound better on record Paul, I understand, I’m sure Dj Shadow understands too. Nigo, Pharrell, Kanye, possibly Q-bert, or any other rich asshole please stand up! Cop that shit! PLEASE FOR FUCKS SAKE!!!!!


Source and huge thanks: Hypebeast



The Archive from Sean Dunne on Vimeo.

No comments: