Friday, June 12, 2009

PROJECT POW

THAT'S IT , THAT'S ALL . . .

Banff, Kicking Horse, Revelstoke - BC Rockies interior.

It's been ages since I posted anything, but today, I had a change of heart. Went above the clouds.

Looking at these pics gets me all excited even though we are in the middle of June. This was my first big mountain/backcountry experience and even though the snow was complete bollocks in late Feb. The Treezy crew still found a way to keep that shit alive, cause you know what it izzzzzzzz.

Until next year boys... let it snow, let it snow.

NOTE: Excuse the mediocre picture quality, taken with a Blackberry/phone cameras, left the Dslr at home (you crazy son!?). Still, gots the job done. AND I know, its just a bunch of pictures of mountains/trees/snow/dudes with snowboards/more trees. I know!! Just leave me alone!!



Do not be fooled by this sly looking business man in the white striped shirt, he has the most obnoxious laugh ever... ever.



Calgary airport driving into the Great Canadian Rookies... behold its greatness (This was only on the outside, where the parries meet the mountains. Drive another 30mins and you will witness mountains 2-3X the size of these).



Weather changed drastically as we hit BC's interior, avalanche danger warnings everywhere for the next 3 hours. I'm glad I wore my Depends that day... haha, jk.



Home for the next 6 days.



Banff - zero visibility



Banff back/side country - Stuck in old undisturbed powder, took us a good 15mins to get up.



I've fallen and I can't get up!!! Seriously.



Kicking Horse






Hiding in the trees.... REVVYY!!!





Fuck I'm tired.




Backcountry access - Kicking Horse



Terminator Ridge - Peoples meet PK, this man was healing from a dislocated shoulder and still had the balls to drop in on the steepest mountain face at kicking horse. I applaud you my friend. CLAP CLAP CLAP!!!





"CRONDOLA"






At peace. Complete peace.